Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 package Fresh Express Premium Romaine Salad
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into ½-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 package soy nuts, roasted
- 1 cup baked pita chips, crumbled
- 1 sweet vidalia onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 4 radishes, cut into ¼-inch slices
- Empty greens into a large salad bowl.
- Add seeds, nuts, radish slices and about half the dressing.
- Toss and serve onto four individual salad plates.
- Arrange slices from half an avocado with a few onion slices on each salad.
- Sprinkle top with pita chips.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Let sit for 15 - 20 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Stir just before adding to salad.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing for up to two weeks.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.