Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (9-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Sweet Hearts® Lettuce Blend
- 1/2 loaf Panetonne bread, sliced, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red pepper, cored and diced
- 1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack Cheese, sliced, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 small English cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange Panetonne bread cubes on a sheet pan; bake for 15 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool.
- In a glass trifle or large salad bowl, layer the ingredients as follows:
Press half of one bag of Sweet Hearts® Lettuce Blend in the bottom of the bowl; top with red pepper, creating an even layer along the side of the bowl; spread the lettuce with the remaining red peppers and half of the cucumbers. Top with the remaining half of the lettuce. Slide the remaining cucumbers down the side of the bowl and arrange in a row above the red peppers.
- Top with one bag of the Sweet Hearts® Lettuce Blend, pressing the lettuce down slightly. Slide the tomatoes, cut size out, down the side of the bowl to make an even row. Top with the cheese cubes.
- Arrange the Panetonne croutons and dried cranberries on top of the lettuce.
- Once salad is served, drizzle each portion with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Note: Panetonne is a decadent Italian sweet bread filled with dried fruit typically made for the Christmas holiday. It makes a special crouton topper in this salad.