Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (8-oz) package Fresh Express Shreds!
- 2 Tablespoon peanut or canola oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 medium-size sirloin steak, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Your favorite Asian dressing
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat.
- Add one Tablespoon oil.
- Add carrots and cook for two minutes, tossing as you cook.
- Add mushrooms, red pepper, snow peas and a sprinkle of salt.
- Continue tossing ingredients and cooking for two to three more minutes until done.
- Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add another Tablespoon oil, and quickly cook sliced steak to desired doneness (internal temperature of at least 145 degrees F).
- Turn the heat to low and add the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and fresh ginger.
- Mix quickly and toss to coat the meat.
- Turn off heat and add the cooked veggies back in the pan for a quick toss with the meat.
- Serve Shreds! salad onto three plates, and drizzle lightly with your favorite Asian vinaigrette.
- Add the cooked steak and veggies on top of the salad.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.