Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- Fresh Express Apples & Cheddar Salad Kit
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 9 Each Sea Scallops
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, Unsalted
- 1 Tbsp. Fennel, Fronds
- ¾ Cup Orange segments (Supreme)
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat.
- If the scallops have not been cleaned, do so by removing the side excess muscle. Should peel right off.
- Add oil, and heat until it begins to smoke.
- Pat dry the scallops with a paper towel and season with salt.
- Place scallops in the hot pan.
- Allow scallops to sear for 2 minutes or until the edges of scallops start turn golden brown.
- With a pair of tongs, flip over the scallops and cook for another minute, add butter to the pan baste butter of the top of scallops for another 1 minute with a spoon.
- Remove scallops and reserve.
- Mix Fresh Express Apples & Cheddar Salad Kit with master pack ingredients and salad dressing.
- Top the salad with seared scallops.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and orange Supremes.