Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 package Fresh Express Tender Ruby™ Red salad
- 1 bag Chiquita® Green Apple Bites
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked according to package (or packaged pre-cooked wild-rice grain combination)
- ½ cup celery, cut into ¼-inch thick
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoon toasted pecans, chopped
- ½ cup shaved parmigiana reggiano cheese
- Toss the Fresh Express Sweet Tender Ruby™ Red salad, cooked wild rice, apple slices, celery and cranberries with the dressing.
- Toss well, and sprinkle with the toasted pecans and the shaved cheese.
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon thyme, minced
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil and herbs.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.