Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (7-oz.) package Fresh Express Fancy Greens
- 1 large garnet yam, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon, dried sage
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup blanched fresh green beans
- ¼ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss yams, onion and sage with one Tablespoon oil, and season with salt, pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and brown sugar.
- Roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes, tossing once.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Gently toss together the Fresh Express Fancy Greens salad, yams, green beans and onions with poppyseed dressing to taste.
- To serve, sprinkle with toasted chopped pecans.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a serving bowl, whisk together vinegar, sour cream, honey, poppyseeds, chopped parsley and remaining oil.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.