Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Hearts of Romaine Salad Mix
- 1 Chiquita Fresh & Ready avocado, sliced
- 2 pomegranates, seeded
- 1 red pear, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts
- Place lettuce in a serving dish and spread the other ingredients evenly over the lettuces.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve.
- Add slices of baked chicken or pork or sautéed tofu or beans to make it a healthy dinner salad.
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon stone ground (coarse ground) mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.