Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- Fresh Express Spinach & Arugula
- 1 store-bought pizza dough, raw
- 2 large portobellos, cut into long thin slices
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender, pulse 4 cups of the Fresh Express Spinach & Arugula with the garlic, cashews, Parmigiano Reggiano.
- In a slow, steady stream, add 2/3 cup of oil.
- Caramelize the onions in a thick-bottomed sauté pan, then transfer to small bowl.
- Using the same sauté pan, blacken the mushrooms until soft. Set aside.
- Cook pizza dough according to the package for half the amount of time.
- Spread desired amount of pesto on the pizza.
- Top with onions, mushrooms and 1 cup of the Spinach & Arugula.
- Cook for the remainder of the time, then remove from oven and top immediately with crumbled goat cheese and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. if desired, sprinkle a pinch of red pepper flakes on top.
Add a Poultry Protein
Shred some leftover chicken or turkey on top.