Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- Fresh Express Veggie Spring Mix
- 4 wild-caught Atlantic salmon fillets, skin off (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cedar plank
- 1/4 cup organe marmalade
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 whole orange, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak cedar plank in water for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix orange marmalade, honey, orange juice, orange zest, ginger and dijon mustard. Transfer to a large, plastic resalable bag containing salmon. Seal bag and refrigerate 1 hour, turning several times.
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper and place (what was the skin-side down before removing the skin) on the cedar plank.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until the salmon can be flaked off with a fork (*can also be cooked on the grill: set grill for indirect grilling and heat to medium-high. Place the plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat. Cover and cook until cooked through, approximately 20-30 minutes.) Internal temperature should be 145 degrees F when done.
- While fish is cooking, place Veggie Spring Mix and edamame in a salad bowl. Toss with dressing, set aside.
- When salmon is done cooking, portion salad onto 4 plates and top each with a salmon filet.
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a food processor, puree all ingredients (should look lumpy and finely chopped).
Add a Poultry Protein
Shred some leftover chicken or turkey on top.