Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages Fresh Express® Leafy Green Romaine
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Queso Fresco cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 cups blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups yellow corn tortilla chips
- To assemble the salad, arrange Fresh Express Leafy Green Romaine on a 13-inch round platter.
- Top with rows of black beans, corn, tomato, yellow pepper, avocado, Queso Fresco cheese, red onion and cilantro.
- Arrange the tortilla chips under the lettuce around the perimeter, alternating blue and yellow chips. When ready to serve, toss ingredients and drizzle each salad with dressing.
- Arrange tortilla chips around each plate.
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- To make the dressing, mash the avocado with lime juice in a small bowl. Add ranch dressing and cumin; mix well.