Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Baby Spinach, stemmed and thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cups snap peas, trimmed
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, bring stock to a simmer. Maintain over low heat
- In a separate small pan, boil 6 cups of water.Add corn and peas and blanch or approximately 3 minutes, drain, then transfer to an ice bath.
- Drain off ice and set corn and peas aside.
- In a large, heavy sauce pan, over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mixture to a bowl and set aside
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to the pan. When melted,increase the heat to medium then add the rice and stir to "toast" the rice until well coated in the oil (approximately 3 minutes).
- Add vegetable stock 1 ladle at a time, stirring frequently after each addition. Wait until the stock is almost completely absorbed before adding another ladle of the stock. Make sure to stir the entire time so that the rice doesn't stick to the pan.Season with salt.
- When risotto is creamy and al dente (after approximately 20-25 minutes) add the spinach mixture, corn, peas, lemon juice, zest and butter. Add remaining stock in needed. Stir constantly until veggies are warm, then turn off heat and stir in parmigiano reggiano. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in 4 large pasta bowls.
Add a Poultry Protein
Shred some leftover chicken or turkey on top.