Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (5-ounce) package Fresh Express® Baby Spinach, finely chopped, large stems removed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring vegetable broth to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat. Turn heat to low and keep broth warm.
- Cook the onion in butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat for 4 minutes or until tender. Add the rice, garlic and Italian seasoning and toss to coat with the butter and onions. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time. After each addition of broth, cook and stir over medium low heat until the liquid is completely absorbed before adding more. Continue cooking until all of the broth has been incorporated (after approximately 20 to 25 minutes). The risotto is ready when it is al dente, cooked through but still a little chewy to the bite and not too soft.
- Add the Parmesan cheese; mix well. Add the chopped spinach; mix well. Add the corn, peas, lemon zest and lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Serve immediately.