Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (10 oz.) packages Fresh Express Honey Pecan Premium Slaw Salad Kits
- 4 Flatout Light flatbreads (any flavor)
- 12 oz. raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces
- Wooden or metal skewers
To make the flatbread bowls:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place four ceramic or oven-safe 5 oz. bowls upside down on a baking sheet; coat bottom of bowls with cooking spray. Arrange one flatbread evenly over each bowl. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned and flatbread is hardened. Let cool before removing from the bowls. Can make ahead of time and store at room temperature.
- Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to high heat, about 500° F. Soak wooden skewers in water, if using, 15 minutes. Oil grill grate.
- Place the shrimp into a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Thread red pepper in between pineapple chunks onto skewers. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until seared; cool slightly.
- Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side until they are no longer translucent; cool slightly.
To make the Honey Pecan Slaw:
- Place the two Fresh Express Honey Pecan Premium Slaw Kits into a large bowl; toss with salad dressing and toppings.
To assemble salad:
- Arrange the Honey Pecan Slaw in the bottom of each flatbread bowl, dividing evenly. Top with grilled shrimp, pineapple and red pepper.
- Chef’s Tip: You can also cook shrimp and vegetables on a grill pan or in the oven on a baking sheet.