Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (10-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Honey Pecan Premium Slaw Salad Kits®
- 4 Flatout Light flatbreads (any flavor)
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Wooden or metal skewers
To make the flatbread bowls:
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place four ceramic or oven-safe 5-ounce bowls upside down on a baking sheet; coat bottom of bowls with cooking spray. Arrange one flatbread evenly over each bowl. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and flatbread is hard. Let cool before removing from the bowls. Can make ahead of time and store at room temperature.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes. Heat an outdoor or indoor grill to high heat; oil the grill grate with cooking spray.
- Place the shrimp into a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes a side or until they are pink.
- Thread red pepper in between pineapple chunks onto skewers. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until seared; cool slightly.
To Make the Honey Pecan Slaw:
- Place the Fresh Express® Honey Pecan Premium Slaw Salad Kits® into a large bowl; toss with salad dressing and toppings.
- Divide salad evenly into the bottom of each flatbread bowl. Top with grilled shrimp, pineapple and red pepper.
- Chef’s Tip: You can also cook shrimp and vegetables in a grill pan or in the oven on a baking sheet.