Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 Fresh Express Sweet Kale Chopped Kit
- 1/2 Cup sliced Red Grapes
- 1/2 Cup Granny Smith apples, Julienne
- 1/4 Crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Wheat Berries
- 3 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Feta Cheese, Crumbled (for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Cilantro (for garnish)
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Heat oil until the oil begins to shimmer. Add in wheat berries and toast until they are fully coated in oil.
- Add vegetable stock, salt, black pepper and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook the wheat berries for 30 minutes, wheat berries should be tender.
- Reserve and chill in the refrigerator.
- Mix Fresh Express Sweet Kale Salad Kit and toss with the dressing, fold with chilled wheat berries, grapes, apples and feta cheese.
- Garnish with the freshly chopped cilantro.
Store it Smart
Keep leftover salad in its original container because it’s especially designed for keeping salad fresh for longer. Just seal it as tightly as possible.