Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- Fresh Express Juicing Greens
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat Vermont white cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, in a separate sauté pan, add greens and cook until fully wilted (approximately 5 minutes). When the greens are fully cooked, turn the heat off.
- When the pasta is fully cooked, drain and then place back into the pan. Immediately (while hot) add the olive oil, cheese, greens, parsley and lemon and salt. Using tongs, toss well.
- When fully incorporated, portion into 4 pasta bowls. Serve immediately.