Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (10 oz.) packages Fresh Express Asian Avocado Premium Slaw Salad Kits
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sambal oelek (fresh chile paste)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Chinese Five Spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 oz.) package chicken thighs, excess fat removed
- ½ cup sweet red pepper, diced
- Whisk the rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek, garlic, Chinese Five Spice and salt in a bowl until smooth. Pour half of the mixture into a large plastic zip lock bag; set aside the remaining sauce. Place the chicken thighs into the bag and seal; turn the bag a few times to coat chicken. Refrigerate for one hour, turning bag once or twice.
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Bring the reserved sauce to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until sauce thickens.
- Remove the chicken from the bag; discard used marinade. Arrange chicken thighs in a 9x13-in. baking dish; brush with 1/3 of the marinade from the saucepan.
- Bake at 425° F for 10 minutes, baste with marinade. Continue baking for 20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165° F. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, reheat the sauce and brush on the chicken thighs; cut them into ¼-in. thick slices.
To make the Asian Avocado Slaw:
- Place the two Fresh Express Asian Avocado Premium Slaw Kits into a large bowl; toss with salad dressing and toppings.
To assemble dish:
- Arrange the Asian Avocado Slaw on dinner plates, dividing evenly. Top with sliced chicken thighs; sprinkle with red pepper.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.