Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (9.7-ounce) Fresh Express® Honey Pecan Premium Slaw Salad Kits®
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sambal oelek (fresh chile paste)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Chinese Five Spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20-ounce) package boneless, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat removed
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- Whisk the rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek, garlic, Chinese Five Spice and salt in a bowl until smooth. Pour half of the mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; set aside the remaining sauce. Place the chicken thighs into the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for one hour, turning the bag once or twice.
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Bring the reserved sauce to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove the chicken from the bag; discard used marinade. Arrange chicken thighs in a 9x13-inch baking dish; brush with 1/3 of the sauce.
- Bake at 425° F for 10 minutes, baste with sauce. Continue baking for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165° F. Meanwhile, reheat the sauce and brush on the chicken thighs; cut them into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
To Make the Asian Avocado Slaw:
- Place the Fresh Express® Honey Pecan Premium Slaw Salad Kits® into a large bowl; toss with salad dressing, toppings, and red pepper.
- Divide salad evenly among four plates; top with chicken thighs.