Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Italian lettuce
- 4 chicken breasts, halved
- Coarse salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup each green and yellow zucchini squash, cut into 1/2 inch coins
- 1 cup each red and yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet with two tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Brown chicken until golden brown, about three minutes on each side.
- Add the lemons, garlic, summer squash and bell peppers.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the fresh thyme and chili flakes, and place pan in a 375-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F), remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, pull chicken off the bone and discard the bones.
- Place chicken and roasted summer squash on a clean plate.
- Toss the Fresh Express Italian salad with the desired amount of dressing.
- Add the roasted chicken, summer squash and peppers, and toss once again.
- Serve by dividing the salad onto four plates and drizzling with two teaspoons dressing and remaining freshly chopped parsley.
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the Mascarpone cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add half the parsley and toss with salad.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.