Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Italian lettuce
- 4 chicken breasts, halved
- Coarse salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup each green and yellow zucchini squash, cut into 1/2 inch coins
- 1 cup each red and yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet with two tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Brown chicken until golden brown, about three minutes on each side.
- Add the lemons, garlic, summer squash and bell peppers.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the fresh thyme and chili flakes, and place pan in a 375-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F), remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, pull chicken off the bone and discard the bones.
- Place chicken and roasted summer squash on a clean plate.
- Toss the Fresh Express Italian salad with the desired amount of dressing.
- Add the roasted chicken, summer squash and peppers, and toss once again.
- Serve by dividing the salad onto four plates and drizzling with two teaspoons dressing and remaining freshly chopped parsley.
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the Mascarpone cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add half the parsley and toss with salad.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.