Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express American salad
- 2 cups roasted or grilled chicken (cooked to internal temperature of 165 degrees F), chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained, warm or room temp.
- 2 cup cooked brown or white rice, warm or room temp.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Empty salad bag into a large bowl.
- Add in chicken, peppers and tomatoes.
- Toss with the salsa vinaigrette.
- Divide the rice and black beans into serving bowls.
- Top with salad mix, and garnish with shredded cheese.
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 Tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, or mix in a blender.
- Thin if needed with a small amount of water (salsas vary in thickness).
Store it Smart
Keep leftover salad in its original container because it’s especially designed for keeping salad fresh for longer. Just seal it as tightly as possible.