Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (7.7 package) Fresh Express® Spinach & Bacon Salad Kits®
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ready-to-use crêpes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, turning frequently, or until no longer pink in the center; transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Cook the mushrooms and onion in the remaining 1/4 cup butter in the same skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute or until flour is browned. Gradually add the milk; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add sour cream, sherry, salt, and pepper; stir until blended. Add chicken; cook and stir over low heat until chicken is heated through.
- To assemble the crêpes, pour about 1/2 cup filling down the center of each crêpe; fold over edges. Drizzle with a little of the sauce; sprinkle with parsley.
- Place the Fresh Express® Spinach & Bacon Salad Kits® in a large bowl; toss with the salad dressing. Add the toppings; toss to combine.
- Serve crêpes with the Spinach & Bacon salad.
- Melissa’s Ready-to-Use Crêpes can be found in the produce section of your local retailer, usually by the fresh fruit.