Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (9 oz) package Fresh Express Sweet Hearts™ salad blend
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 slices crusty bread
- Olive oil
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted and skin removed
- Buttermilk Ranch dressing
- Cut the bacon slices into 1-inch pieces and fry in a sauté pan over medium heat until crispy, about 6 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- On a sheet pan, drizzle olive oil over the bread slices and bake 7–8 minutes per side until golden brown.
- To assemble, divide Sweet Hearts™ salad blend evenly among four chilled shallow bowls.
- Top each salad bowl with bacon pieces, tomato halves, sliced avocado and toasted bread by arranging each ingredient decoratively and evenly.
- Spoon your favorite Buttermilk Ranch dressing over each salad.
Plus a Plant Protein
Quinoa, lentils and chickpeas are perfect plant-based proteins to add to your mix.