Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (2-ounce) packages Chiquita Bites®: Apple Wedges, Cheddar Cheese and Crackers
- 1 (2-ounce) package Chiquita® Sticks™
- Mini Stroopwafels
- Pizzelle cookies, cut in half
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- 3 cups sugar
To assemble an Apple Charcuterie Board:
- Arrange the products from the Chiquita Bites®: Apple Wedges, Cheddar Cheese and Crackers on a wooden board. Wrap apple slices with prosciutto. Top mini Stroopwafels and pizzelle cookies with apple sticks; drizzle with caramel or chocolate sauce. Serve with Apple Hot Pepper jelly.
Ingredients to make Apple Hot Pepper Jelly:
- Note: Makes 5 cups
- 3 (2-ounce) packages Chiquita® Sticks™ (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 quart peppers:
2 large red bell pepper, cored, chopped fine
2 large yellow bell pepper, cored, chopped fine
2 large jalapeños, cored, chopped fine (use the seeds if you like it spicy)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package No Sugar Sure-Jell Fruit Pectin
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
Instructions to make Apple Hot Pepper Jelly:
- Sterilize five (8-ounce) canning jars, or whatever size you have on hand.
Put the apples and peppers into a large saucepan. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar with the Sure-Jell. Stir this mixture into the apples and peppers. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Add the vinegar, water and remaining sugar. Return to a rolling boil; boil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Ladle the hot jam immediately into the hot, sterilized jars. Cover with sterilized lids and screw on the band. Do a water bath if you like, according to the instructions on the Sure-Jell package.
Flip the jars upside down and let sit until cool, then flip them back upright. Leave the lids on for 24 hours. If any of the jars do not seal, store them in the refrigerator and use within two months; otherwise, store in a cool, dark cupboard and use within six months.